Balance & Falls
We Provide Solutions For Balance & Falls & Empower People Age 50+ to Remain Active & Independent
If you’ve got a problem with your balance and have been falling, or are afraid of falling – it’s very tempting to think that it’s “just because of age.” After all, this is what the doctor has told you, maybe you saw the generation ahead of you having the same problems, “everyone” your age must suffer from losing independence due to balance problems and falls.
There’s no obvious reason why all this has happened – but it does seem to be getting worse with age.
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone – and we hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, this is a common problem, and we work with people every day all over Dallas Fort/Worth to empower people to get their independence back from unsteadiness, falls, and fear of falling.
And when it comes to problems with balance and falls, everybody we see wants to know
“Why is This Happening to Me?”
“Why Did this Happen? I Never Used To Have This Problem! Is It My Age?”
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario we see all the time all over Dallas/Fort Worth is when people go to the Doctors, and the Doctor tells them that it’s “just because of their age” “be careful”, “don’t fall”.
How can being more careful solve the problem? Of course you are being careful! In fact, the being careful has made you more fearful, which makes your balance even worse! You need real solutions, not wishful thinking advice! There are REAL powerful solutions how physical therapy can help with balance and falls.
In the best of cases, people spot the early signs, are able to find a specialist that can identify the cause of their balance problem and falling, and put them on the path toward not having to worry about falling for a long time, if ever.
In the worst of cases, people put the problem off for weeks, months and years. They may FINALLY seek a real solution to the problem when they end up in the hospital from a fall, maybe breaking a hip or ending up with a head injury, and even death. Too many people go from the hospital to a nursing home, and that is something NOBODY wants. These are the sad cases that are all too common. We see this all the time in physical therapy.
Given the epidemic of balance and fall problems in the United States, putting off the problem is madness. So much can be done to prevent losing independence with life, prevent going to the hospital and ending up in a nursing home. There is another solution.
Has This Type Of Thing Happened To You?
Why does balance and falling seem so common now that you have gotten older? Why does this seem so inevitable? Well, it’s easy to get confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. There’s lots of people out there who are happy to dispense advice – but not all of it is credible, nor does it give you an actual SOLUTION or PLAN to your problem.
Problems with balance and falling can be very confusing and because of this, many people just end up accepting it as “part of life” – as if it’s normal, and it’s “just the way it is”.
Do You Feel That Way Too?
If You’re Currently Living With Problems With Balance & Falls, Here’s 7 More Reasons (Other Than Age) Why This Is Happening:
- Your fear of falling could be causing you to walk slower, which makes your balance worse, which results in more falls.
- You went to the Doctor who told you to “be careful” “don’t fall” “this is a part of age” “drink more water”, but those aren’t actual solutions. They just made you more fearful, which made your balance even worse!
- You may have a specific problem with your central balance system (Vestibular System). This specific cause of balance problems may or may not come with dizziness or vertigo… and the symptoms can be so vague, confusing, and hard to describe.
- You may for one reason or another have lost your ability to know where your legs are in space, so it feels like you have to consciously pick up your feet to walk, look down at your legs so you don’t trip, or you are just falling randomly for no reason.
- You tried other Healthcare Professionals, or a Physical Therapist in the past. They probably gave you general balance training exercises, standing on one leg, and endless leg exercises. That may have only gotten you so far. What you truly need is a physical therapist who SPECIALIZES in balance and falls, not a general physical therapist who does not specialize in YOU.
- You have done endless medical testing because surely a large hospital with all its research institutions should be able to figure this out. But that just ended in frustration and a lot of medical testing.
- You may have ended up in the hospital in the recently or a long time ago. This is a VERY COMMON reason why people begin that decline towards balance problems and falling. Stays in hospitals is horrible for balance, strength, and our central balance system (Vestibular System).
If any of these have happened to you – we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our Physical Therapists who work all over Dallas/Fort Worth to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work – you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link at the top of the screen book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you over the phone. The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best.
“What Can I Do To Get Me Back To Just Getting Out In The Community & Enjoy Life Again Without Having To Worry About Falling?”…
So here’s 4 things you can do:
- First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking they’re “not ready yet”, have to deal with some other problems first, wait to see the next doctor they have an appointment with… but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or it gets worse
- Start Walking Every Day, Preferably Outside – taking a brisk walk of continuously walking, without stopping for up to 10, 15, 30, 45 minutes will not only help your heart and your lungs, but it will help your balance too. Walking outside challenges your balance even more than on a flat surface, and its usually a lot more enjoyable too.
- Stand up Every Day From The Chair As Many Times As You Can– This will strengthen your legs and work on your balance. Its amazing what it takes to balance standing up from a chair and staying on our feet. Even better… if you can stand up without using your hands, KEEP THAT UP! Do that as many times in a row that you can EVERY DAY. This is so important to keep you strong and well-balanced.
- Find a specialist that will find the actual CAUSE of your balance and fall problems. There is ALWAYS an exact and specific CAUSE. And it’s never “Because of Age.” By getting on the right path, finding the true cause of the problem, will also empower you on the path to solving this problem over the long-term, so you don’t have to worry about ending up in a nursing home.
If you would like to know how Optimove Physical Therapy & Wellness can help you with your balance and reduce your risk of falling, no matter where you life in Dallas/Fort Worth – we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment in the comfort of your own home.
Note: This Free Discovery Visit is something that we offer to people so they can get more information face-to-face with us, in-person, so you know who your team is. Maybe you are unsure of the benefits we can provide for you, or if it is right for you. Maybe you would like to invite your children or spouse to help you decide if this is right for you. We understand you may have been let down in the past, so we want you to have as much information as you can without any cost or obligation before you commit to anything. If that sounds like you, then please start with a Free Discovery Visit that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done – without any financial risk on your part.
So the next question is:
How Can Choosing to See a Physical Therapist from Optimove Physical Therapy & Wellness Find You REAL Solutions To Your Problems With Balance & Falls – In The Next Few Days?
Here’s just a few of the things our Optimove Team can do for you:
- We can let you know what the true cause of your balance problem is and why you are falling, so you can have peace of mind starting with the FIRST SESSION (The Initial Evaluation Or Even The Discovery Visit).
- We can EMPOWER you on your own journey, with your plan, specific to you and the cause of your balance and fall problems, so you have control in the situation, possibly for the first time!
- We will work with your problem holistically by looking at you, your environment, your daily activities, medical history, and psychological factors (very important).
- We will tailor-make your physical therapy balance and fall prevention program around you, your ambitions, your wants, what you truly want to get back to doing. We will be RELENTLESS to achieve this, and WE WILL NOT STOP until you tell us. We will NEVER GIVE UP ON YOU!
- We can help progress your balance each step of the way. That is why this is a journey, not a quick fix. Improving balance and preventing falls is a step-by-step process that requires persistency, consistency, and work. Are you ready?
- We will do our utmost to keep you out of the hospital or nursing home, keep you where you want to live as long as possible.
- We are another medical provider that can keep an eye on you and communicate with your doctor when needed. This is a holistic medical approach as well.
- We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that this problem has taken from you.
- We can empower you to walk again without worry and with more ease. Imagine how walking more every day will help improve your balance over the long-term?
If you would like to enquire about availability and how physical therapy can help you with your balance and stop or prevent falling, you can contact at (214) 712-8242 and reach out to us TODAY. There is no obligation to call. Do not hesitate to begin the journey to solve this problem!